Friday, October 17, 2008

"WON" more thing off the checklist....

 
Thank you for any sympathy laughs on my little joke there. The currency used in South Korea is called WON. I ordered some through our bank to have in case of emergency when we step off the plane. It is also customary to give a donation to the adoption agency over there, so I thought I could go ahead and put our donation in a card (one less thing to take care of while we're there). I really find the money to be so pretty. I especially like the 5000 bill. It obviously isn't dollar for dollar. If it was #1) I wouldn't have this much #2) it wouldn't be on my kitchen counter & #3) seriously, what kind of emergencies would I be expecting?? What you're looking at here is about $24.

Sean's work had a surprise baby shower for him a few days ago. I'm sorry I don't have a picture of all the wonderful gifts we received. It was a book themed shower, which we absolutely loved! We'll be reading new books before bed for a long time to come! They were very generous and thoughtful!

Still no news. According to information from another fellow blogger's blog (), the South Korean government only issues emigration permissions in batches once every 4-6 weeks. Apparently the last time they issued them was September 23rd. So that would put us at receiving our EP this next week at the earliest. Of course, she said this is all conjecture, but you know what? That's all we've got right now. So I say, conjecture away!!

No comments: