Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Visa Interview!!!

I just talked to the State Department and our little guy is going for his visa interview tomorrow!!! Wooohoo!!!! For those of you not familiar with the adoption timeline, this means that his visa will be issued within the next week and we'll probably be getting THE CALL to come and get him sometime next week!!!

I usually don't share such personal information on the blog, but I'm in awe of this full circleness, that I'm going to make an exception. A year ago today, Sean and I went in for an ultrasound for what we thought was a good and strong pregnancy. We were dealt the devastating news that it didn't look good. The week that followed was a dark one for us, knowing that this was our last chance at infertility treatments. We'd always had adoption in the back of our minds and we both agreed that we still had a lot of love to give and wanted Cydney to have a sibling. So to be able to replace this coming week with such wonderful hope and excitement is beyond words and such a gift. So today especially I thank God for second chances and for bringing us full circle.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Your son was in God's plan all along. I have no idea why you had to experience such sorrow first, but maybe it was so that you could be sure of your decision to adopt and start down the path to your son. Your journey is almost over. He will be in your arms very soon!

Anonymous said...

Yay Jill! Maybe we really will be able to meet in Seoul at Eastern!!!!
Wonderful news and a bright blessing on this week's memories.

If you send me your personal e-mail address via a comment on my blog, I won't actually publish it, but that we can "talk" via e-mail to see when we both end up going.

jillj said...

Yeah Sean and Jill!!! We here at the Jenks house are so very excited for your news. We've been keeping up with your progress and are thrilled to hear you will soon be snuggling your new little man! Tom, Jill, Aidan, & Nolan

Grammie said...

I am soooo happy for you!!!! Here's my (((((((((HUG)))))))) (for all 3 of you).
I don't think coincidences like this are--well, coincidences!!! God had a plan for you and Sean, and amidst the low valleys and tears He would prevail to give you a gift beyond your imagination. This is one little baby boy and you and Sean are two very lucky parents. You need each other. It was a match made in Heaven--there is no doubt. God answers prayers!
Love you much, Grammie

Kristen said...

Jill, as someone who experienced fertility struggles and a miscarriage, I know the absolute devastation it brings. I am so happy you have found your way to the child that is meant for you and will be praying he has a happy and safe journey home to you.

Kristen