Thursday, October 30, 2008

What a day....


I wish I had better pictures from today, but our camera didn't cooperate. What a day for our camera NOT to work!! We got up and got ready to meet our little guy and went down at 10am, but they asked us to come back at 11am. We're not sure why, but we were willing to do whatever they asked as long as they let us meet him!! We were wondering if it was because they wanted to videotape it. There was a man that videotaped the whole meeting.

Here is a picture of us with our little guy and his foster mom. (Sean wasn't sure he was in the picture, hence his posture). He is very attached to his foster Mom. He did come to Sean and me for a little while, but always had one eye on her. When they first handed him over to me, he laid his head down on my shoulder. He sure knew what to do to melt my heart. We did manage to get a few smiles from him and he showed us his two bottom teeth! He is very strong and fast! His foster Mom said he's started pulling himself up on things and is a very good baby. He was very tired when we met him and fell asleep the instant I gave him his bottle. As a gift his foster Mom gave us a beautiful Hanbok for him to wear on his first birthday. She also kindly got a gift even for Cydney! Our time with them went all too quickly. We were only there for a 1/2 hour. We did find out that we will get him on Tuesday at 4pm. We're already preparing ourselves for a very long night, but I think it'll be good to have him with us for at least that long before we jump on the plane.

We filled the rest of our day with a very spicy lunch and then a trip on the subway to a huge book store. We had heard that they sell children's books that are in Korean and English. We did find a few and bought a picture book of Korea.


It also turns out that we are going to be able to stay at the guest house during our entire stay. We do have to change rooms a couple of times, but that just means we won't get too spread out. :-) Here is a picture of Sean in our room.

Again I apologize for not having better pictures. But all too soon you'll be able to meet him yourself!! Take my word for it, he's a sweetie!!

10 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like you are definately having the time of your lives in Seoul. Have fun sightseeing and picking up treasures! Keep us posted... I love following along on your trip!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jill! What a sweet little man!!!! Loved seeing your pics!!!

BURNS FAMILY said...

Your son is adorable! :) I am sitting here crying (happy tears) just looking at your pictures. I'll be praying that Tuesday comes quickly! Love you all,
krista

Kara said...

Wow!!! I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I can tell even from those pictures how beautiful your son is. Thanks for keeping all of us updated on your trip!

Kara

Steve and Mellissa said...

We are so happy for you guys. You all look so happy. I bet you guys can't wait to meet him again. Take care.
Mellissa and Steve

Michelle and Stefan said...

hi Jill and Sean,
Tears came to my eyes as I read your blog. I re-lived our own experience on that special day. I was full of joy, nervousness, happiness, self-doubt, and anticipation. We also spent about 1/2 hour with our little Alex on the first day, although it sounds like there were a lot more tears from Alex during our first meeting! I'm glad you're able to stay at the guest house. This trip will be something you treasure forever! Michelle and Stefan www.wahe.us

Jill said...

Glad everything has worked out!! Your son is just a little cutie. Cant wait to see more pictures. Wait till your meal at eastern.....yum yum!!!

Kristen said...

he is just adorable!!!!! Thanks so much for taking time to post while you are on your trip...it is so exciting to follow along w/you.

Kristen

Grammie said...

Hi, Kids,
Our computer tech at school lightened his picture and I printed it off for everyone at school to see. He makes everyone smile! I took the picture and blog to G&Gpa, too.
You and Sean look so happy. You are so deserving of this joy and it makes me delighted to know that you are going to experience the greatest joy (again) of having a baby to love. He is just the most precious little guy!
Thanks for keeping us so well informed. But tonight I've promised myself that I won't check the blog every 1/2 hour. You DO have to sleep, I remind myself :).
Love, Mom (aka Grammie)

Katie W. said...

What a wonderful day! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. I can't wait to hear more about your experience in Korea - have fun and get that camera fixed!!!