Friday, October 31, 2008

Our little guy has a name!!!

My birthday wish today was to name our son! (Yes, I was born on Halloween). Drum role please...our little guy is now know as: IAN JEEHAN HENSON. Ian was the only name that showed up on both Sean and My's list. You'd think that would have made it an easy choice, but we felt we needed to study him and make sure it fit. It definitely seemed to!

So you all can keep your birthday presents until next year. It is going to be hard to top this one! It has been a very nice birthday. We started off the morning changing rooms here at Eastern. Then we navigated the subway again and headed over to Insadong (an art market) and did some shopping. There were a lot of nice restaurants to chose from and we had lunch, tea, and dinner there. We are finding that we might have to limit our Korean food to just one meal a day. We have much guilt admitting this, but our stomachs are having a hard time tolerating more than that. We even ordered Pizza Hut pizza last night....oh, the shame!!


Thank you to all of you who have done a do-it-yourself photoshoping of Ian's picture from yesterday. I can't wait to do it myself. :-)

12 comments:

grandmarockton said...

May GOD bless your growing family!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! Congrats on naming your son. Enjoy your weekend in Seoul.

Anonymous said...

Love the name choice!!!!! (I have an Ian too!) FYI I thought their was no way we could shorten the name...but we call him "I" (pronounced like a long e sound) all of the time;) Happy Birthday!

Steve and Mellissa said...

Happy Birthday Jill. What a beautiful name for such a handsom guy.

Grammie said...

LOVE the name and the little guy that goes with it!!
Love, Grammie

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm sure you cannot think of a better way to spend your day....this will certainly be one you remember!

Kristen

Unknown said...

Jill and Sean,

I've been wiping away tears of joy for you as I read your entries. I am so, so happy for you-you are so deserving of this. I love the name Ian and it does fit him well. He's beautiful. I can't wait to meet him hopefully over the holidays. Love, Julie (Kettmann)

kt said...

Ian! Ian! Ian! That is such a good name! David and I approve...not like you needed our approval, but we like it. It fits. I keep staring at his picture, what a little sweet pea. I can't wait to ruffle that mohawk.

Love and hugs,
Katie

Grammie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Probably the most exciting one thus far, huh!
Love you,
Mom

Stacie said...

Okay... I am finally able to leave a comment. Just like your mom, I must check your blog 4 or 5 times a day. I love the name! I think he looks just like an Ian JeeHan Henson. I am so excited for your growing family and thought you looked like the best looking new (again) mom I've seen. Wonder how you are sleeping with the time change and keeping yourself busy. Can't wait for you to be home.

Katie W. said...

I hope you had a happy birthday! I love the name Ian!

kcriss said...

Congratulations on meeting little Ian! We are so excited that your long wait is finally done. How neat that it was right around both Jill and Cydney's birthdays. Your family is so deserving of this joy and we just pray God will bless these last few days before you get to bring your precious boy home!