Friday, January 9, 2009

A New Year...New accomplishments...



It has been a crazy new year so far. Hence, the lack of blogging. We had a wonderful holiday season and enjoyed introducing Ian to his new family and friends. Here is a picture of Ian with his cousin Maiya. We discovered that he's an extrovert. He's a little shy at first, but once he starts to feel at home, there's no stoppin' him. :-)I think Cydney liked having him here on Christmas morning. Santa leaves double the toys!
Ian's had a lot of firsts lately (which are good...no more missing any of his firsts!!). His big first is that I believe we can officially say that he is walking. He started about a week ago. Here is a picture of his first taste of spaghetti.... I think he liked it!

His newest game is to see what I'd be willing to eat. Toys, his sock, the string on my sweatshirt, an old bottle he found under the couch are just a few things. Sometimes it feels a little like Fear Factor. I kind of wonder if it is pay back for trying to get HIM to try so many different kinds of food. :-)

A new year comes with a new adjustment. I'm now trying out my new role as a stay-at-home Mom by day and workin' gal by night. Originally I was planning to work 3 nights a week but because of scheduling conflicts I'm working 5. Blah....It is going to take some adjustment time, but I think we'll get the hang of it here before too long. Hopefully...

I hope all of you are enjoying your new year this year so far. Last year was all about building our family and this year we plan on just enjoying it.

6 comments:

BURNS FAMILY said...

Are you keeping up? :) Way to go Ian! Glad to hear you are having a great new year and I hope the work transition is going well!

Kristen said...

So glad to hear an update from you! Ian looks like he's doing really well - what a cutie!

I'm sorry your work schedule is so crazy right now, that must be really hard!

Kristen

grandmarockton said...

Wow! he's grown so much, no slowing him down now if he's walking! So cute!

Kara said...

Great to hear from you! It looks like things are going really well! Ian is adorable!

kt said...

oh man, two members of the family who could live solely on spaghetti. grocery shopping is so easy now!

BURNS FAMILY said...

I love your blog's new look! I'm sorry I have been meaning to call, but I hope things are still going well! :)