Thursday, December 4, 2008

The perfect picture...

Here are pictures that WON'T be in our mailbox this season...

Every year this is an issue. Getting the best picture possible for our Christmas cards. I knew this year would be a challenge, but tonight we did our first "take". I think I chose the wrong time. I thought it was a good one...both kids were clean, fed, and happy. But it seemed as soon as the camera came out the sad faces did too. No one was looking at the camera at the right time and smiling at the same time. I broke a sweat at one point trying to keep everyone on the couch. This last one, I think Ian is looking for a escape hatch and if you notice the ears in the foreground, Amos (the dog) is trying ever so hard to do what we're asking. Good dog!

When not torturing the kids we're having a nice time as a family. With both Sean and I home right now I had all these grand plans of getting things done, but as you can see from my absence here on a the blog that isn't happening. I do think we are all falling into the grove of a four member family, though. Ian is adjusting more and more each day. We decided not to take him to our Thanksgiving dinners, which turned out to be a good choice (if not a very hard one). He came down with a cold. His second since we've been home. He's been working on his new immunities. But we see no reason he won't be visiting everyone for Christmas!

It is hard to believe that it has been one month since we've been home! Ian is really a happy baby (disregard previous pictures). He is exploring more and asking to be held more (yeah!). We've been starting baby sign language with him and he signed "more" to me today! I'm not sure he understands the sign, but it won't be long now. I feel I need to leave you with a picture free of torture...

8 comments:

Jen said...

Christmas pictures are stressful sometimes. You can always use one of each child, put them together with photoshop or something and have them printed on one 4x6 at Walgreens... I've only got one little one and I don't have a Christmas Photo. I think I'm going the Christmas Letter with misc. photos route this year!

Let me know if you feel like a playdate/visit sometime. I would love to meet your beautiful children!

Take care of there and I hope that you are all healthy again soon!

Kristen said...

YAY!!! I've been waiting to see new pictures of the kids - even if they are being "tortured" :).

I'm so glad to hear you are all doing well! Can't wait to see the final Christmas card picture!

Kristen

Steve and Mellissa said...

Love the postsnd pictures. I will have been there trying to get child and two dogs to look at the camera. The dogs are better than the childern.

BURNS FAMILY said...

Sometimes I think I will send the "bad" pictures on our Christmas card just to see if we can start a new trend. :) Good luck with the second go-round! I love all of your pictures!

BURNS FAMILY said...

Sometimes I think I will send the "bad" pictures on our Christmas card just to spark a new trend. Good luck with the second go-round. I love all of your pictures good and not so good!

Kara said...

It's great to see pictures of your family (even if they weren't cooperating!). It sounds like things are going well. I'm so happy for you guys. Your children are precious!

Shelley said...

Congratulations on your new little guy! He is so beautiful!

We are currently waiting for a baby girl from Korea.

Stop by our blog if you get a chance!

kt said...

Jill. Those pictures are SO GOOD. I think you should make a tryptich of failed pictures ending in the one with the dog ears and send that out as your Christmas card. We miss Ian and Cydney so much and are thinking of all of you each day.

Love,
Katie (& Uncle David, though he's showering at the moment.)