Monday, November 17, 2008

We're still here!


I apologize for not posting in such a long time. There were days that I had to chose between showering and posting on the blog and think the people around me were happy with my choice. :-) We are doing very well, though. I think Ian is starting to feel at home here. We've been taking baby steps to get him into his own bed and we succeeded last weekend (with NO tears!!). He started out sleeping with us in our bed, then we put a mattress on the floor in his room and slept with him there. And now we just sit in his room while he goes to sleep in his crib.

He is such a happy little guy. He and Cydney "play" well together...I'm not sure Ian understands he's playing most of the time, but he likes to hang out where Cydney is. Yesterday they were playing restaurant under the table. Cydney wanted to know why Ian just wanted to eat the plates and not the play food. :-) She also likes to "talk" to him. While riding in the car the other day Ian was babbling away at her and she was graciously replying with "Oh, really? That's nice." With most certainly days ahead of us with sibling quarrels I'm soaking up all I can of these little exchanges. It is more than I'd hoped for.

Here is what we've learned about Ian's likes and dislikes. He likes yogurt, cheerios, tickling, anything that can be chewed on (he's chewing on a string from my robe in this picture) or anything that he can pull himself up on, and he loves being tossed in the air (gently, of course). And Grandpa Russell, we've even checked it out and his Gollywopper is ticklish! Things Ian dislikes are car seats, highchairs (basically anything that keeps a man down), and socks. :-) The jury is still out about the dog. He has been pretty scared of our dog, but at the same time is fascinated by him.

This past weekend was a huge turning point for Ian. I think I can now consider myself part of his inner circle.(high fives all around!) He seems to have relaxed and is enjoying himself with us. We are sure enjoying him!! He is a delight and such a great gift to our little family. He lives up to his name...Ian means "Gift from God."

7 comments:

Rach@In His Hands said...

He is truly a gift from God!! I'm so happy that he is settling in well. It sounds like you have a pretty happy family right now!

Kara said...

Jill,

He is precious. I am so glad he is adjusting so well, and has bonded to you and your family. It is so great to see how you guys are all doing. Can't wait to hear more (when you have time of course!).

Kara

grandmarockton said...

wonderful to see the kids are playing and things are coming together for you guys, Your Blessed with your growing family. Besides he's so CUTE!

dorndufff said...

Congratulations Jill, Sean and Cydney!!
What a blessing you have in little Ian!!
Grandma Judy keeps us posted on your well being!!

Kristen said...

So great to see some new pictures - what a great smile and I love that hair!!!

I'm so impressed w/how well the sleep situation is going...I hope we are just as fortunate!

Kristen

BURNS FAMILY said...

Sean, Jill, and Cydney,
Your pictures are wonderful! Ian looks so happy and so does Cydney. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. We're thinking about you!

Marcia said...

Dear Jill & Sean -- Congratulations! He's a wonderful little boy. Parenting is such fun at this stage. It's hard to believe it was over 30 years ago that our kids came from Korea. Time flies. We can't wait to see you all the next time we get back. Take care.
Love, Steve & Marcia