Thursday, September 18, 2008

Keep 'em comin' !!

What a week! We just got our letter from the USCIS yesterday saying they'd approved us and were sending our paperwork on to the National Visa Center (NVC)!! I guess when they said 2 - 3 weeks they meant 2 - 3 DAYS!! Woohoo!! So I called our social worker and she said to wait 2 weeks and then I can start calling to check on our visa status and see when our visa is cabled to the US Embassy in Seoul. I'll give it a week and then I think I won't be able to help myself and will start calling. :-)

This slight jump in the timeline has given us the jolt that we very much needed. We are now in operation "baby arrival" mode and have started doing the things we should have been doing these past 9 months while we've been waiting. I've made a list and am looking forward to checking things off of it. One of the items is to narrow our name selection down to 5 possible names. We won't name our little guy until we meet him, but with Cydney we had narrowed it down and it sure made it easier.

Our social worker says it all depends on how fast South Korea is processing their side of the paperwork, but to still kind of plan on traveling in November. So who knows!!

8 comments:

Steve and Mellissa said...

Wow that is fast. I hope that things keep coming in fast for you guys. Pray for a speedy travel call

Kristen said...

You have had a busy week! Isn't it funny that you can wait for months and months w/o anything new and then suddenly everything happens at once? Enjoy getting ready for the baby - its probably starting to feel "real" now!

Kristen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting. We received our referral the same day as you and our legals came on 9-1-08. Soooo, I'll be starting to stalk my mailman.

Jen said...

Oh, the baby naming stage! If you want us to help narrow down the list... just say the word. ;)

I don't have any names for this time around, so it'll be interesting when we get that far.

kt said...

Elliott! Benny! Jasper! Jack! Jamie! Casey!

...Oh my goodness, I am so excited.

-Katie

Rach@In His Hands said...

GREAT news! Blessings on getting everything on your list checked off!

Yvonne and Eric said...

WOW!! That's wonderful news! Get going on that list and I can't wait until you have TC!!

Yvonne

Garland Family said...

I found your blog on the Korean blogroll. We received a referral for a baby girl on August 14 so I enjoy following others who received referrals around the same time. What agency are you using and what state do you live in? I am concerned that USCIS is going to be slow. We live in Pennsylvania. I hope things continue to move quickly.