Monday, September 15, 2008

DCFS has spoken....

and it is good. We have been approved by the state to adopt. They have now sent our paperwork on to the USCIS. It will be 2-3 weeks for them to approve us.
I didn't realize but I guess I kept some of you on the edge of your chairs from the last post. We successfully got our paperwork signed and to the FedEx place with 10 minutes to spare. I spoke to the director of our program the next day and she assured me that it would NOT slow or paperwork down on the Korean side. Phew!!
We still have our fingers/toes/legs crossed for a travel call in November.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations!!! May your paperwork speed through USCIS and the Visa process.

Yvonne and Eric said...

Each step is so sweet - be sure to celebrate! I've started calling Matthew "Drool King" or DK for short; feel free to use that name for your son! Seriously, any progress on names? Isn't it difficult choosing something that will impact his entire life?

Yvonne